Sunday, August 9, 2009

A battle and some altered toys

I played a very good battle against Mike and his Dark Angels yesterday at BFG. It was pretty rough as he brought 2000 points worth of 6 man squads loaded with special weapons. Not a single piece of armor in the game. To make it worse, we rolled a squads for points game, so he didn't have to move at all, just wait for me to pop in and shoot me back to hell. It didn't help either that my soulgrinder rolled a mishap to appear and decided he'd sit this one out. So my opponent started with a point for free and I was a heavy support down. His downfall started though when he put all of his firepower into Pappy Nurgle, who not only survived, but only suffered a single wound. He then charged Pappy with both of his HQ squads in jetpacks and failed to wound him once. It was insane. Pappy held those two squads up for a full 4 turns, soaking up a full turn of fire then slowly grinding his commander, chaplain, and two squads with them down for 4 points. It got a little knuckle chewing as he lasted 3 combat rounds with a single wound left, but managed all of his saves. Definitely got MVP. Meanwhile, the plaguebearers were soaking up insane amounts of fire while the bloodletters were marching along behind and happily mopping up anything that they could reach. Great game. Enemy 5 points, me 9 points.


I've also been working on stripping and magnetizing the weapons for my Rebel Guard project. The stripping didn't come out perfect, but the magnetizing is great. Here is a Leman Russ tank with one loadout, then a whole new loadout including a vanguisher cannon converted. It's easy, just pop one weapon off and slap another one on. I'll have 4 Lemans done up this way with all of the options before long.

No comments:

Post a Comment